Saturday

Research and Planning: Titles used in similar products/Ideas about our own titles

Before creating titles for our film - used first in our storyboard - I researched into titles used in similar products. I watched several opening titles/sequences and compared conventions/features of each. I tried to use a mixture of films including both romantic and psychological thriller films.

Catch Me If You Can (Opening Titles)


Conventions/Features:
1. Foreshadows events within the film
2. Animated
3. Includes complete credits
4. To a soundtrack


Zombieland (Opening Titles) 


Conventions/Features:
1. Featured over the action
2. To a soundtrack
3. Features events currently happening in the movie

Se7en (Opening Titles) 


Conventions/Features: 
1. To a soundtrack
2. Foreshadows events in the movie
3. Features action with credits superimposed on top
4. Uses a wide range of fonts


Overall, I think these titles share many features and conventions that we will consider whilst making our own titles for our short film. These include:

  • Titles accompanied by a soundtrack
  • Foreshadowing events or featuring events that happen at the start of the film under the titles
  • Use an interesting, relevant font
  • Feature Animation or heavy editing (such as filters and effects)