Tuesday

Ancillary Tasks: Photoshop Training

During the Photoshop software training, I watched various video tutorials and documents that enabled me to learn how to use the software.
Main aspects of the training enabled me to be able to:

  • Use selection tools to isolate a part of an image
  • Use Quick Mask Mode
  • Understand Layer Masks
  • Composition in Photoshop
  • Blending photos and images
  • Advanced blending (Blend IF)
  • Add text and text effects
Also, I used the following webpage to help understand how to apply these techniques to making a film poster: speckyboy.com

Using these easy step-by-step tutorials, I was able to use the software effectively and experiment with the programme's many features. These ideas soon turned into the start of drafts for our real film poster. 

However, I then decided to go and do the photography necessary before I could put them into Photoshop and begin to edit the images. It is vital to keep the lighting similar in all of the photos, in particular, the angle that the light source hits the subject of the photograph. For the shots of the characters taken indoors, we used artificial light to mimic the angle of the sun in the photograph of the location.

David Bird:

























Emma Bird:


























Location:

























Now, we shall create a draft film poster review and then seek feedback and constructive criticism.