Wednesday

Ancillary Tasks: QuarkXpress Training

When it came to constructing our magazine film review in QuarkXpress, we needed to refresh how to use the software to achieve our designs.

In 2010, before we had started these projects, we were given the task of recreating the following film review:

In order to do this, I had to research different tutorials for the software and experiment with getting to know the software.

The videos I used include:

What is QuarkXpress?



Understanding Items and content




Understanding relationships between items






These videos then allowed me to attempt to recreate the first review example:


Although this attempt was not perfect, the purpose of the task was complete and I was now capable of using QuarkXpress. Now, in 2011 I have re-run all of the videos I used last year and attempted a new short recreation task before attempting our actual ancillary product. This was a Magazine cover:

Overall, I now feel I am ready to attempt a first draft of the group's magazine film review using QuarkXpress.


*Update
This is a screen-capture of me using QuarkXpress to edit the draft of the magazine review: